Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wow... Didn't know so much time had passed...

What a great day I had.  House Cleaned. Laundry Done, Dog "weekend-groomed" which includes filing of nails... as well as the daily brush, comb, eye-cleaning, and teeth-brushing. Sock Drawer cleaned out... Underwear Drawer cleaned out. Axie taken in to work for a romp with the Saturday Staff, Nicholas Sparks paperback finished. Dinner completed.  OK.. My day might not have been up there on the excitement factor list alongside meeting Barbara Striesand but still!  I'm proud of my accomplishments and am happy that I can laze around (between dog-walks) tomorrow and not feel guilty.

Only thing left on the agenda tonight is one final walk and turning the clocks back. Oh another thing I did today... FINALLY remembered to speak to my neighbour about turning off her radio alarm when she is not spending the night at home on the weekends.  She's happily in love (Even I can hear their bells ringing in the distance.) and stays with her boyfriend some nights. During the week, I get up before she does so when her alarm goes off, I hear it but am usually up and  already at'em.  On the weekend, though, I don't want to hear her music through the wall at 6:15am. I'm usually hoping I can sleep in until 7 or 7:30. Today I remembered to speak with her. She was extremely apologetic, not knowing that I could hear her alarm in the first place. Yup thin walls. Won't tell you what else I hear. I did mention she's happily in love... but forgot to say that her boyfriend stops over at her place some nights.  LOL

As far as weight loss program is going, I'm curbing it for a bit.  31.4lbs and am in a holding pattern. There is a very good reason for this... Finances.  Now I've reached the far end of my closet and would need to buy new clothes if I lose much more weight. Spring and Summer clothes are less expensive and then I'll have an extra 6 months to win LottoMax.... I've been buying one ticket a week for only 6 weeks  and have already won 2 free tickets.  My tickets from now on will be with my own numbers. I have my reasons.  Anyway... that seems about the only way I'll ever be able to afford a new wardrobe. and then I can get the last 20lb-monkey off my back. 

Besides... It's too freakin' cold out to be eating like a rabbit now.  I need hot food to help stay warm. We have had our Smart Meters turned on by Ottawa Hydro.  Today is the first day I would allow myself to turn on the heat.... Yup, my place is heated electrically.  Have had about 1/2 a dozen days so far where there was frost on the cars that needed scraping... even at 9am. Yup Cold... but don't want to use the heat as peak-hour rates changed to "Winter" on Nov 1st and so peak rates are from 7am to 11am (weekdays only) and again from 5pm to 7pm (weekdays only). Note today is SATURDAY - OFF PEAK all day. I've been getting up well before 6am to shower and wash my hair... Need time for the hot water in the tank to fully heat BEFORE 7am.  And to Dry my hair... but only wash it 2 times a week now to conserve. Nope... don't consider myself an environmentalist. Just trying to keep a roof over my head so keeping tabs on my money.

Even Axie is finding in cold indoors. He's actually cuddling up to me now... On the couch when I'm reading and in bed.  Never used to do that.  I've decided to ignore the reason behind his closeness. Just happy that its happening.  I'm cautiously looking forward to my hydro bill mid month. If it's not lower, I'll be raising a HUGE stink. Heck I only use my computer once per day now and not only turn it off but unplug it AND unplug the wireless adapter (I noticed it was very warm on day even though my computer was not on.) when I'm not using them.  Soon I'll be buying only the fresh food I can consume in a couple of days and will unplug my fridge too.  There's really not that much in there.... about a quarter full and much of it does not need to be in the fridge in the winter months now that I have a VERY Cool Home.  OK... so you caught me!.... Dieting and keep butter in the fridge. What's that all about? LOL. The key is to not make a pig of the fattening (Good) stuff. Use SPARINGLY... and be sure to enjoy what small amount you do consume... and trip the guilt to the curb!

Hmmm.... Wonder if I can convince the Axe-Man to have his last walk now... instead of in an hour or so.... Doubt it.... especially since we get an extra hour sleep tonight. His poor little bladder might bust.  He's such a good dog about that. Never makes a mess. He showed me his limits years ago and I don't expect him to last beyond that. He's good for 10.5 hours. I'm proud of that and of him!  Pushing him past that would not be fair... That would be equivalent to someone telling you that no matter WHAT you've consumed, you're not allowed to use the Ladies/Gents for 10.5 hours.  Could YOU do it?  I couldn't!  Yup, Axie is a great dog. 


Hope everyone is having a great weekend, is still with their programs and REMEMBERS to turn their clocks back an hour... Well, here in North America anyway.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment