Saturday, July 2, 2011

50 X 50

Where has all the time gone?  I've decided to stop NOT CARING what I look like. This has been an issue with me for a couple of  years now.  I've been trying to be happy in my own skin and not care that the skin is holding more and more weight. Grey hair, I can live with - for now, but the weight was getting me down, especially since I could no longer fit into clothes, hanging in my wardrobe that I'm still quite fond of.  So... call me vain, but my appearance is still important to me.

I've decided to start caring again about what I eat... I'm not fond of the foods that are nutritious and good for me which is how I ended up in this predicament.  I caught the perfect angle for my profile pic so don't let it fool you.  I'm 49 as of June 9th, 5-10-1/2" tall, and weighed in at a whopping 198lbs (none muscle) yesterday.  My goal is to lose 50lbs by my 50th Birthday.  I believe I can do that... Keeping it off will be my problem. 

You see, I'm a Black or White, A-type personality. I can do anything I set my mind to. I want to lose weight?  I will put myself on the strictest of programs to do it. I won't veer off course for ANYTHING or ANYONE. I will throw out every foodstuff in my cupboards, freezer and fridge that does not meet up with my heathy-living program. (Actually I gave it all away... point is, it's not there to distract me.)

A friend introduced me to a website www.loseit.com and I've signed up. It's FREE. It takes into account my personal, physical, data (age, sex, height) and what my goal is and sets me out on a course for success.  My only issue is that I punched in the data and it is telling me that I'll be able to lose that amount by Christmas, Dec 17th to be exact. Took me 5 years to put it on... I don't think I'll have it off by Christmas.... but I'll be planning what to wear to our Company Christmas Party just in case.  Maybe a knock-off of a Duchess of Cambridge dress???

Yes, Kate left here less than two hours ago on her way to Montreal with the Prince. What a wonderful couple. NORMAL... whatever that is.

Well, time for another glass of water.  No more aspertame, caffeine, or alcohol. Gave up smoking in March.  See where my downfall will be?  I love coffee with cream, and Red Wine. To keep trim, means to stay away from them... Black & White... All or Nothing. 

Here's to finding my little patch of grey... my happy medium. Cheers (with the water :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment