Thursday, August 25, 2011

Take it or Leave it

That's my food secret. I have stocked my fridge and cupboards with foods that are nutritious but basically are foods that I could take or leave. There's not one foodstuff in this house that I crave and could gorge on. Each thing I eat, I eat knowing it will help me reach my goal of a HEALTHY 150 lbs. I avoid many of the centre ailes at the grocery store and stick to the outer edges for the fresh foods - meat, eggs, vegetables, fruit, dairy... you get the picture.  I've even been spotted at  local farmer's markets. It's good exercise and markets are Dog-Friendly... a plus when buying my food! We make it an outing.

I do wish, however, that the food at these gatherings wasn't so freakin' expensive. 5 bucks for a pint of green beans??? Are you serious... locally grown? Another 5 bucks for some locally grown lettuce/mesculin mix. Same things in a grocery store would be 3 dollars each. I'm not made of money. I really feel that I wasted 4 of my hard-earned dollars!  I really can't afford Farmer's Markets but try to do my bit for the local economy.

The reason for this entry.... I made it!  My healthy-eating weight loss program began 8 weeks ago tomorrow morning. (Canada Day - to be exact.) I made my goal of 20 lbs in 8 weeks... without Herbal Magic or magic of any kind.... To date, I've lost 22 lbs... and yes, I'm DAMN PROUD!

Created a new soup last night as I'm still trying to find hot things to make for myself that are not fattening. Nope. Not a cabbage leaf in sight! My soup consists of Beets, Kale, Leeks, Apples, Pears, Carrots, Olive Oil, Cinnamon, and Allspice.  I also used 1 tsp of salt for 14 cups of soup... not too much but enough to really pump up the flavour. The sweetness from the carrots, pears and apples make it much more enjoyable to me and the Cinnamon and Allspice make it almost seem like a desert. BTW... tried it chilled too. Good.  Not sure what the freezer and microwave are going to do with it but will find out soon enough. Work Lunches. And a great benefit.... only 124 calories for 2 cups!

So my next mini goal?.... 30lbs by September 30th. OK so only 8 lbs in over 5 weeks... not too difficult? Well... I'd hoped to lose 31 lbs by September 12th - my weight 3 years ago at a reunion I attended. I worked damn hard to get to that weight. Literally exercised my butt off. Went to the reunion and then gained all the weight back and more because I quit exercising. Did I mention I HATE to exercise? Thought so.

I'm not finding this weight loss hard at all because I'm still not exercising. So it might take a bit longer but I know I can keep it off. When I start to see the shape I want to be, then I may exercise to tone up... but not to sweat any fat away. I'm off that gerbil-mill!

Hmmm. What's for supper...... fresh, sweet red cherries... 15 or so... and a pear... Supper is my smallest meal of the day.... Wooo Hooo.... Nothing to cook... No dirty dishes!

Ciao Chickadees!

No comments:

Post a Comment