Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy on the UP Side

It has been awhile but that shouldn't matter as I'm fairly certain I'm typing to myself only.  The Hog and Cob a couple of weekends ago was very fun. Thanks Robyn. Love the farm, especially the Highland Longhorns and Labrador Retrievers!

I was so proud of myself to keep within my caloric limit and then BLAM!!! The next day I STUFFED myself with about 2 dozen Peanut Butter Cookies that I'd made way too many of to take to the Hog and Cob (Pot Luck it was.) Yes, approx. 24 Cookies. I did not count... was too busy stuffing my face. Damn they were good. But I paid for it! I'd not had any sugar or butter in my diet so you can bet that hung on for a bit. Little did I know that 24 Cookies equates to 1.5 fat lbs!  It did - 1.6 actually. Thankfully it didn't have time to get a good grip and I'd removed the ne'er-do-well within 3 days.

Now I'm Happy to be on the UP Side of the Slippery (Tempting) Slope and this morning's weigh-in recorded that I've lost 15.2lbs to date.  My newest minor goal is to have lost 20lbs by 25 August. You see, Herbal Magic CLAIMS to enable you to lose UP TO 20Lbs in as little as 8 Weeks.  I have 20 days left to lose 4.8 lbs and I WILL have lost 20Lbs in 8 weeks... not just UP TO 20Lbs.  No Herbal Magic up MY SLEEVE! Just Loseit.com.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my friend, April next week. She has moved here from Edmonton and she was the one who politely let me know that I didn't look like me anymore. She'd not seen me in 2.5 years until June 27th. She didn't recognize me... and it wasn't the short hair. April does not know that I've been on a weight loss plan and that she was the catalyst.  I hope she sees a difference. 15-16 lbs on a tall frame is not a drastic change. At 5' 10.5", I'd say my frame is tall.

I'll keep ya (Me) Posted. Might even update ya on a useful exercise I've been challenged to teach my dog. A Cairn. Teach? Not in their vocabulary! Putting his toys away. Interesting... Very Interesting.

Toodles

2 comments:

  1. You have at least one fan!!!!

    I'm also using you as inspiration, as my Dr and I have had a "heart-to-heart" talk, if you will.

    It would appear that things would be better if I were to shed, say... 80lbs????

    The task begins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! Didn't know you had a blog until I saw it mentioned on your fb info page. Good for you!

    Sent you an email ... Don't know if you got it yet, but hohpe you can come!

    Suzanne S.

    ReplyDelete